What an Innovative Solution

A wise retired man lived near a school. His peaceful life got disturbed when three school kids started going across his house after school time, happily playing tabla on the garbage cans kept outside. The noise kept on growing day-after-day, and for a while, it seemed that there is no hope of fixing it.

However, the wise man was a strong positive thinker, hence he refused to give up easily. He thought hard to look for a solution, and found a creative way to fix it.

The next afternoon, he came out to meet the young boys. Stopping them, he said,"You kids are a lot of fun. I like to see you express your happiness like this. In fact I used to do the same when I was your age. Will you do me a favour? I will give you 100 Rupees every day if you promise to come and do this for me daily."

The kids were happy to hear this, and continued to do a bang-up job on the trash cans every day. After a week, the old man greeted the kids again, but this time there was a sad smile on his face. "The rising inflation is really hitting my budget hard", He told them. "From now on, I will be able to give you only 50 Rupees to beat on the cans." The noise makers were obviously not happy, but they accepted his offer and continued their afternoon ruckus.

A few days later, the wily retiree approached them again as they drummed their way down the street. "Look", he said, "I have not received my pension for this month. I will not be able to give you more than 20 Rupees. Will that be okay?"

"Twenty rupees?", the drum leader exclaimed, "If you think we are going to waste our time beating these cans for a mere 20 Rupees, you are nuts! No way dude! We quit!"

The old man's perseverance paid off, and he enjoyed peace and serenity for the rest of his days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment - your feedback gives me encouragement for writing. Please subscribe to my blog to support it. - Sanjay