An Inspiring Story


One Day, I decided to quit.

Quit my job, my relationships, my spirituality.. I decided to quit my life. What was there to go on?

As I went to sleep that night, I saw in my dream that I am wandering aimlessly in the woods, and suddenly I came face to face with God. With a serene expression on His face, He asked,"Why do you want to give up?"

It is not an every day occurrence that you see the Almighty face-to-face. I was naturally in a state of shock. Slowly, I gained my composure and said, "I have tried everything but nothing seem to work in my life. Can you give me one good reason to continue?"

His answer surprised me. "Look around", He said. "Do you see the Fern and the Bamboo?"

"Yes", I replied.

"When I planted the Fern and the Bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The Fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the Bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the Bamboo. In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful and again, nothing came from the Bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the Bamboo.", He said.

"In year three there was still nothing from the Bamboo seed. But I would not quit. In year four, again, there was nothing from the Bamboo seed. I would not quit.", He said.

"Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the Fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. But just 6 months later the Bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.", He said.

He looked in my eyes and asked me, "Did you know, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots? I would not give you a challenge you can not handle."

"I did not quit on the Bamboo. I will never quit on you."

"What do you suggest I should do?", I asked, with only partial conviction in my voice.

"Don't compare yourself to others.The Bamboo had a different purpose than the Fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful.Your time will come", God said with a smile, "You will rise high."

"How high would I rise?", I was still feeling apprehensive.

"How high does the Bamboo rise?", He said, with an indulging smile on His lips.

"As high as it can", I said, still not sure where it is leading to.

"That's right.", He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."

Even after I woke up, this inspiring message remained firmly in my mind. I felt fully charged up and the inspired to make the most of my day.

I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you. Never, Never, Never, Give up.

Don't tell the Lord how big the problem is, tell the problem how Great the Lord is!



About This Post
Thanks Jagminder Chugh for sending this inspiring story on WhatsApp. I liked it so much that I want to preserve it in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment - your feedback gives me encouragement for writing. Please subscribe to my blog to support it. - Sanjay