Respect for My Mercedes

A Monk used to come to Delhi regularly, where he always slept in the house of a poor devout man, as nobody cared about him. Years later, when his reputation had spread all over the country, he came to Delhi, not on foot as before, but in a Mercedes driven by a chauffeur.

The wealthiest man of the town, who had never wanted to have anything to do with the monk, came to meet him the moment he heard about the arrival, and begged him to lodge in his house.

But the monk said, "Nothing has changed in me to make you respect me more than before. What is new is the Mercedes and the chauffeur. Take them for your guests, but let me stay with my old host, as always."

If this story rings a bell in your mind, you are either living around Delhi, or have at least visited it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment - your feedback gives me encouragement for writing. Please subscribe to my blog to support it. - Sanjay