Never Lose Faith


Faced with adversity do you complain about life, and let negative thoughts overpower the positivity in you? Difficult times are the test of our faith and need a renewed commitment to staying positive. Here is an inspiring tale to illustrates this point.

A King had a minister, who had a strong positive attitude. Even in the midst of worst circumstances, he used to smile and say, “Let us not lose heart because everything God does is perfect."

One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the minister managed to kill the animal but couldn't prevent the king from losing a finger. Furious and without gratitude, the King said, “If God was good, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger.”

The minister replied, “It is unfortunate my lord, but I can only tell you that God is good and everything He does is perfect, He is never wrong.”

Outraged by his response, the king ordered the arrest of his minister. While being taken to prison, he told the king again, “God is good and perfect.”

Next day, the king went alone for another hunt and was captured by savages who used human beings for sacrifice. On the altar, the savages found out that the king didn't have one finger in place; he was released because he was considered not fit to be offered to the Gods.

This episode opened king’s eyes. He realized that his life got saved only because of the missing finger. On his return to the palace, he immediately ordered the release of his minister, apologized to him and said, “My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but was saved for lack of a single finger. But I have a question. If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison?”

The minister replied, “My lord, everything God does is perfect. If I had not been put in prison, I would have gone with you, and would have been sacrificed, because I had all fingers intact.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment - your feedback gives me encouragement for writing. Please subscribe to my blog to support it. - Sanjay