The Essence of Positive Outlook


This beautiful short story illustrates the essence of positive outlook in a very nice manner:

It was the night of 31st December. A famous writer was sitting pensively in his study room reflecting over the year just gone. He picked up his pen and started writing:

As I look back at the events of last year, it was a particularly unfortunate year in my whole life.
  • I had a surgery and my gall bladder was removed. I had to stay stuck to the bed due to this surgery for a long time.
  • I reached the age of 60 years and had to give up my favorite job. I had spent 30 years of my life in this publishing company.
  • I experienced the sorrow of the death of my father.
  • My son failed in his medical exam because he had a car accident. He had to stay in bed at hospital with the cast on for several days. The destruction of car was another loss.
Having written this, the writer started pondering over the miseries of last year. Just then, the writer's wife entered the room and found her husband looking sad lost in his thoughts. From behind his back she read what was written on the paper. She left the room silently and came back with another paper and placed it on side of her husband's writing. When the writer saw this paper, he found his name written on it with following lines:

This year was an immense blessing of God and it passed really well.
  • Last year I finally got rid of my gall bladder due to which I had spent years in pain.
  • I turned 60 with sound health and got retired from my job. Now I can utilize my time to write something better with more focus and peace.
  • My father, at the age of 95, without depending on anyone or without any critical condition met his Creator.
  • God blessed my son with a new life in-spite of a terrible accident. My car was destroyed but my son stayed alive without getting any disability.

When the writer read the paper, he was happy and amazed at such beautiful and encouraging interpretation of the events in his life that he saw as miseries!

Take a closer look at events in your life that you see as unfortunate. Can you use the lesson in this story to view them in different light? Any development can appear positive or negative depending on how you look at it. Let us learn to be thankful to God for everything that happens to us.There is always a lot to be thankful in everything that happens to us, we need to cultivate the positive way of looking at it.  Even in the adverse circumstance, let us think positive, and be happy that things could be much worse.

This is the essence of positive outlook. Think Positive.. Be Happy..

2 comments:

  1. Wow , Sanjayji very nice .Be positive ,live happyly ...

    ReplyDelete

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment - your feedback gives me encouragement for writing. Please subscribe to my blog to support it. - Sanjay