My Inspiration - Dr A P J Abdul Kalam



Remembering you fondly Dr A P J Abdul Kalam on the occasion of your birth anniversary. It is hard to believe that you are no more among us. You have been and will always be a huge source of inspiration for me. I consider myself fortunate that I got an opportunity to meet you in person when you were leading India's missile program.

Just today I was watching your interview on TV – every word that you spoke was so full of positive thoughts and vision for a bright future for our country that I found the enthusiasm to be rubbing on me as well. You were such a source of positive energy that I felt charged and inspired while watching you on TV.

Your life and writings will continue to inspire us in the years to come. Here is a collection of inspiring quotes from you:
  1. You have to dream before your dreams can come true. 
  2. Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.
  3. Don't take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
  4. This is my belief that through difficulties and problems God gives us the opportunity to grow. So when your hopes and dreams and goals are dashed, search among the wreckage, you may find a golden opportunity hidden in the ruins.
  5. Why be afraid of difficulties, sufferings and problems? When troubles come, try to understand the relevance of your sufferings. Adversity always presents opportunities for introspection.
  6. God has not promised skies always blue, flower-strewn pathways All our life through; God has not promised Sun without rain, joy without sorrow, peace without pain.
  7. Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.
  8. Be active! Take on responsibility! Work for the things you believe in. If you do not, you are surrendering your fate to others.
  9. Once your mind stretches to a new level it never goes back to its original dimension.
  10. The sides of the mountain sustain life, not the peak. This is where things grow, experience is gained, and technologies are mastered. The importance of the peak lies only in the fact that it defines the sides.
  11. If you want to leave your footprints on the sands of time, do not drag your feet.
  12. He who knows others is learned, but the wise one is the one who knows himself. Learning without wisdom is of no use.
  13. Within the mind are all the resources required for successful living. Ideas are present in the consciousness, which when released and given scope to grow and take shape, can lead to successful events.
  14. My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful message to all.. the quotes are inspiratinal.. salute to the great soul sir kalam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. Please follow my blog if you liked the post.

      Delete
  2. Great person

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and I have a keen present: House Renovation best home renovation companies near me

    ReplyDelete

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment - your feedback gives me encouragement for writing. Please subscribe to my blog to support it. - Sanjay