Laughter with God


How do you relate to God? Do you fear God or do you love Him? How do you behave in His presence? Can you stay at peace or do you always look for wishes to ask and ways to please Him? How do you take it when someone cracks a joke involving God? Do you instantly see it as blasphemy?

Be assured, God wants us to be happy, so He is not likely to take offense on small jokes. Why should religion be a dry affair with no humor?

Here is a collection of such jokes that I have heard over time. It is just meant to create some lighter moments and no offense is meant to any religion.

Parking Problems

Prakash was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up toward heaven, he said, "Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to temple every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up drinking.”
Miraculously, a free parking place appeared. Prakash looked up again and said, "Never mind. I found one."

Ganpati Dance
Once a person was drowning in the river. He immediately started praying frantically to Ganpati. Ganpati immediately appeared, looked at him, and then started dancing. The person was confused and angry - "Lord, I am drowning and you are dancing" Lord Ganesh said - "Son, at my immersion, you also danced like this"

Prayer for Lottery
Pappu was complaining to God - "Dear God, I have been praying for years to get a Lottery Prize, but you have not listened to my prayers".
God says to him, "Sure I will make you win the prize, but can you at least buy the ticket first?"
 
God’s Share
A man, who needed some cash very badly, was walking on the road. He prayed to God,”Lord, if I somehow find Rs 1000 today, I will make sure to donate half of it at the temple.” Suddenly a miracle took place and he found a Rs 500 note lying in the middle of road. As he picked it up, he thanked God profusely and said, “Thank You Lord, it seems you do not trust my promise, hence you deducted Rs 500 upfront.”  

The Massive World of God
Mohit had an encounter with God in his dream and he started chatting with him.
Mohit - O Almighty, I have heard that everything is massive in your world. How long is your one second?
God – Equal to one hundred years of earth.
Mohit – How much is your one paisa?
God – Equal to one hundred crore Rupees of earth.
Mohit – O Lord, just give me your one paisa.
God – OK, Just wait a second. 

The Dishonest Postman
Raju was a postman. One day, when he noticed a letter addressed to “Dear God”, he got curious and opened it. The letter was from a local farmer Bhola. He wrote in the letter,”Dear God, as you know, my crop was damaged by rain this year. I have no other source of income. Please send me Rs 1000 as soon as you get this letter”. Raju knew that Bhola was in genuine trouble and he was impressed by Bhola’s strong faith. He immediately decided to help and shared it with others at the post office. They managed to collect Rs 800, and delivered it as a money order from God. All of them felt very satisfied to be of help to someone needy.
Next week Raju found another letter from Bhola to God that said,”Dear God, Thanks for such a quick response. I received Rs 800 yesterday. I know you must have sent Rs 1000, but we can’t help it, the dishonest postman must have kept Rs 200.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment - your feedback gives me encouragement for writing. Please subscribe to my blog to support it. - Sanjay